The Adult-Student Transition Education Program (A-STEP) is an educational initiative to provide transition and postsecondary programs for students with intellectual disabilities (ID). Students who participate in A-STEP have opportunities to achieve their goals in an inclusive and supportive college environment. A-STEP program addresses the development of:
• Academic skills in the individual student’s area of interest;
• Meaningful employment through career development and integrated work experiences;
• Independent living and self-advocacy skills; and
• Social relationships and recreation/leisure skills
You are invited to the Adult Student Transition Education Program’s (A-STEP) “Meet and Greet” scheduled on:
• DATE: Monday, November 24th
• TIME: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
• WHERE: Fischer Room located on 2nd floor of Student Center at Minot State University
During this time, you will get an overview on the A-STEP program as well as hear from some A-STEP peer mentors and students. There will be time to ask questions about the program and for those who are new to the MSU campus, there will be a campus tour.
If interested in attending, please RSVP to Marilyn by calling 701-858-3580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19th. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Armstrong, Project Director at 701-858-3578.
for young people with
Adult Student Transition Education Program
Adult Student Transition Program 500 University Ave W Minot, ND 58707 (800) 233-1737