Welcome to the North Dakota Dual Sensory Project website. We are a federally-funded, statewide technical assistance and training project designed to support educators and families of children birth through 21 who are deaf-blind. The project has six key goals:
- Goal 1: North Dakota will have an effective and collaborative early identification and referral system for all individuals who have or are at risk for deaf-blindness.
- Goal 2: North Dakota service providers and families will have high quality technical assistance and training on secondary transition for youth who are deaf-blind.
- Goal 3: Service providers and families will receive high quality technical assistance and training on literacy and numeracy for children and youth who are deaf-blind.
- Goal 4: Families of children who are deaf –blind will engage with professionals through high quality training and technical assistance to assure inclusive education for their children.
- Goal 5: Educators and related services providers will deliver high quality, research-based interdisciplinary instruction to children and youth with deaf-blindness in inclusive educational environments.
- Goal 6: North Dakota will have accurate information and data on the needs of children and youth who are deaf-blind.
We invite you to take a look at our website and look at some of the resources and information we have for you
North Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities
Minot State University
Memorial Hall 203
500 University Avenue West
Minot, ND 58707
Voice & TTY: 701-858-3580
TOLL FREE: 800-233-1737
ATLAS Development Activities Opportunity
Jan 29-31, 2019, Kansas City, MO
Click HERE for more information.